Interlock Device Brainerd, MN
Low Cost Interlock is Brainerd, Minnesota’s leading supplier of ignition interlock services. Our proprietary car interlock system combines cutting-edge software with powerful hardware to deliver accurate and efficient results. With our discreet yet effective car breathalyzer, you’ll be back on the road in no time.
Armed with the best tools and equipment, our team of experienced technicians provides top-notch services like alcohol interlock installation, maintenance, and calibration. Our knowledgeable customer service representatives also provide quality support, guiding you through each and every ignition interlock law in Minnesota, and ensuring hassle-free completion of IID requirements.
With Low Cost Interlock, you’ll never again need to wonder “Is there an interlock device installation center near me?” We are committed to your convenience. You can find a service center in Brainerd or in many other neighboring cities in Minnesota. Start by locating your nearest Low Cost Interlock center here.
Schedule an Install
To Schedule an Install, please provide the information below and an LCI Representative will contact you shortly.
BRAINERD, MN 56401
Ignition Interlock Device Laws in Brainerd, MN
In all US states, it’s illegal to drive while intoxicated with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or higher. Though the administrative and criminal penalties vary depending on the state and case. Whether the driver is a repeat offender, if anyone was harmed in the incident, or if a child was present in the vehicle can influence the severity of penalties.
In Minnesota, DWI a first offender with an alcohol concentration level between 0.08 and 0.16, can expect:
- Misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment for up to 90 days
- $1000 in fines
- License suspension for 90 days
- With a guilty plea of driving while intoxicated, this can be reduced to 30 days
- A limited license may be issued after a 15-day period of no driving, allowing a person to drive up to 60 hours and six days a week for the purpose of school, work, treatment, abstinence-based support group meetings, court, and probation meetings
If the blood alcohol concentration is over 0.16 or if the test to determine the alcohol concentration level is refused:
- License can be revoked for a year
A second drunk driving offense can result in penalties that may include:
- Gross misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment for up to 1 year
- Up to $3,000 in fines
- A license suspension for up to 2 years
For third and subsequent offenses or violations, the penalties may include:
- Up to 7 years in jail
- Up to $14,000 in fines
- A license revocation for a minimum of 3 years
Since Brainerd is a part of Crow Wing County, there is the option to enter DWI Court, a treatment-based program aimed at enhancing public safety by increasing the supervision of DWI offenders. It involves random alcohol and drug testing, regular court appearances, alcohol education, and access to employment opportunities. With the completion of DWI Court, participants will serve the mandatory minimum jail time (as required by Minnesota Statutes), have criminal fines waived, and receive less restrictive probation.
Restoring Your Driving Privileges
For any DUI offense, driving privileges can be restored by using ignition interlock devices. Alcohol education courses may also be compulsory. The following steps are required to enroll in the ignition interlock program through The Minnesota Department of Public Safety Driver and Vehicle Services Division:
- Pass the DWI knowledge test
- Pay a $680 reinstatement fee
- Apply for a new Class D driver’s license
- Submit a certificate of insurance for the vehicle to be equipped with the interlock device
- Sign and date an Ignition Interlock Participation Agreement
Contact our helpful Low Cost Interlock agents for assistance throughout this process. After that, visit us at one of our convenient locations for the final step—installing the most affordable and reliable ignition interlock device in Brainerd for your motor vehicle.