Interlock Installation Minneapolis, MN
Low Cost Interlock is the most reliable supplier of ignition interlock services in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Our proprietary car interlock system combines the latest in software and hardware to deliver accurate and efficient results. With our certified breathalyzer, you’ll be back on the road with one short breath sample.
Our team of experienced technicians will guide you through the process of alcohol ignition interlock installation, maintenance, calibration, and more. We also have a staff of dedicated customer service representatives always ready to help you navigate your state’s ignition interlock laws, and ensure your completion of IID requirements runs smoothly so that you don’t find yourself in violation of the ever law again.
Schedule an Install
To Schedule an Install, please provide the information below and an LCI Representative will contact you shortly.
AUTO CARE PLUS
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55417
MIDWEST AUTO CUSTOMS
MINNEAPOLIS, MN 55406
Ignition Interlock Device Laws in Minneapolis, MN
As with all other US states, in Minnesota, it is illegal to drive while intoxicated with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or higher. The administrative and criminal penalties of each drunk driving case vary. Whether the driver is a repeat offender, if anyone was harmed in the incident, or if a child was present in the vehicle can influence the severity of penalties.
A DUI first offender with an alcohol concentration level between 0.08 and 0.16, can expect:
- Misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment for up to 90 days
- $1000 in fines
- License suspension for 90 days
- With a guilty plea of driving while intoxicated, this can be reduced to 30 days
- A limited license may be issued after a 15-day period of no driving, allowing a person to drive up to 60 hours and six days a week for the purpose of school, work, treatment, abstinence-based support group meetings, court, and probation meetings
If the blood alcohol concentration is over 0.16 or if the test to determine the alcohol concentration level is refused:
- License can be revoked for a year
A second offense can result in penalties that may include:
- Gross misdemeanor, punishable by imprisonment for up to 1 year
- Up to $3,000 in fines
- A license suspension for up to 2 years
For a third and subsequent repeat offender, the penalties may include:
- Up to 7 years in jail
- Up to $14,000 in fines
- A restricted license for a minimum of 3 years
For every DUI arrest, driving privileges can be restored with the use of ignition interlock devices. To regain driving privileges in Minneapolis, enroll in the ignition interlock program through The Minnesota Department of Public Safety Driver and Vehicle Services Division. The following steps are required:
- Pass the DUI knowledge test
- Pay a $680 reinstatement fee
- Apply for a new Class D driver’s license
- Submit a certificate of insurance for the vehicle to be equipped with the interlock device
- Sign and date an Ignition Interlock Participation Agreement
Is there an interlock device installation center near me? With Low Cost Interlock, the answer is always yes! We are committed to your convenience. In addition to our central Minneapolis location, you can find dozens of other service centers across Minnesota and the US. Locate your closest Low Cost Interlock center here and enroll in the ignition interlock program today.
Contact our helpful Low Cost Interlock agents for assistance throughout this process, then visit us for the final step. We install the most affordable and reliable alcohol ignition interlock devices in all of Minneapolis.