Ignition Interlock Device (IID) Spring Lake Park, MN
Low Cost Interlock is Spring Lake Park, Minnesota’s premier provider of ignition interlock services. Our proprietary motor vehicle interlock system is supported by cutting-edge software and hardware, ensuring fast and accurate results so you can hit the road without having to wait around.
Our team of experienced technicians provide a full-spectrum of services, from ignition interlock installation, to maintenance, to calibration, and more. We also supply top-notch support, helping you navigate your state’s alcohol interlock laws, and ensuring you complete your IID requirements without any hassles or violations.
Schedule an Install
To Schedule an Install, please provide the information below and an LCI Representative will contact you shortly.
Spring Lake Park, MN 56007
Ignition Interlock Device Laws in Spring Lake Park
As is the case with every US state, it’s illegal in Minnesota to drive while intoxicated with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 or higher. The administrative and criminal penalties vary depending on the case of each offender. Extraneous factors that can influence the severity of the penalties include:
- A repeat offense
- Others were harmed in the incident
- There was a child present in the vehicle
- Dangerously high BAC
For a first offense DUI with an alcohol content level between 0.08 and 0.16, one can expect:
- Misdemeanor, punishable by up to 90 days in jail
- $1000 in fines
- License suspension for 90 days
- With a guilty plea of driving while intoxicated, this can be reduced to 30 days
- A license restriction may be issued after a 15-day period of no driving, allowing a person to drive up to 60 hours and six days a week for the purpose of school, work, treatment, abstinence-based support group meetings, court, and probation meetings
If the blood alcohol concentration is over 0.16 or if the test to determine the alcohol concentration level is refused:
- License can be revoked for a year
A second offense can result in penalties that may include:
- Gross misdemeanor, punishable by up to one year of jail
- Up to $3,000 in fines
- A license suspension for up to 2 years
For third and subsequent offenses, the penalties may involve:
- Up to 7 years in jail
- Up to $14,000 in fines
- A license revocation for a minimum of 3 years
For all DUI offenses, driving privileges can be restored with the use of alcohol interlock devices. License reinstatement, even a license restriction, may be contingent on successful completion of probation conditions by the person. In Freeborn County, these typically include:
- Jail sentence
- Attendance at a Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) Victim Impact Panel
- A formal chemical use assessment, which could result in participation in an alcohol education class or in a chemical dependency treatment
For a repeat offender, Freeborn County also mandates 12 to 18-month enrollment in an Intensive Supervision Program (ISP) which requires:
- High-level probation supervision
- A curfew
- A period of incarceration or several weeks of electronic alcohol monitoring
- Random drug testing
- Chemical dependency treatment or relapse treatment
Installing Your Device
To regain driving privileges, enroll in the ignition interlock program through The Minnesota Department of Public Safety Driver and Vehicle Services Division, then visit your nearest Low Cost Interlock location for the most affordable and reliable ignition interlock device in Spring Lake Park.
You may wonder, “Is there an interlock device installation center near me?” The answer is yes! Low Cost Interlock is dedicated to your convenience. Aside from our Spring Lake Park location, you can find dozens other service centers across Minnesota and the US. Locate your closest Low Cost Interlock center here.