Amarillo Texas Interlock
As the leading provider of ignition interlock services in Amarillo, Texas,
You can find several convenient ignition interlock device installation locations in Amarillo and many more throughout Texas. Click here to find a
Schedule an Install
To Schedule an Install, please provide the information below and an LCI Representative will contact you shortly.
Mike Biele Automotive
Amarillo, TX 79110
Ignition Interlock Device Laws in Amarillo
Texas has administrative laws in place to further discourage and penalize driving under the influence. These laws are enforced by the Department of Public Safety and are known as Administrative License Revocation (ALR) penalties. These penalties allow for the immediate suspension or revocation of your driver’s license should you fail or refuse a chemical breath test administered by an officer who suspects you may be driving under the influence. Generally, the suspension period is longer for refusing a chemical test than for outright failing it.
These administrative penalties are in addition to any criminal penalties you may suffer if you are charged with a DWI in court. Specific criminal penalties can vary from case to case based on a wide range of factors. For a first offense DWI offense, the penalties you can expect include:
- Up to $2,000 in fines
- Jail time ranging from three days to 180 days
- A two-year license suspension (on top of your administrative suspension time)
- An annual surcharge of $2,000 for 3 years to maintain your driver’s license
- DWI intervention and education programs
- Installation of an ignition interlock device
In order to reinstate your license, you must:
- Serve out your license suspension or revocation
- Complete your jail term and community service requirements
- Pay all fines and court costs
- Complete your intervention and education programs
- Pay all reinstatement and maintenance fees
If you are required to install an ignition interlock device, you are responsible for all costs and fees associated. You may only have the device installed through a court-approved vendor.