Fresno, California Interlock
Low Cost Interlock is the leading provider of ignition interlock device services and installation in Fresno, California. Our experienced team of technicians brings professional knowledge and expertise to provide efficient, convenient service. You can find several ignition interlock device installation locations throughout the Fresno area.
Schedule an Install
Registering takes less than 30 seconds.
To Schedule an Install, please provide the information below and an LCI Representative will contact you shortly.
Audio Innovations (North)
Fresno, CA 93726
Fresno Ignition Interlock Device Laws
If you are arrested for a DUI in California, your license may be immediately suspended during the time of arrest if your BAC is 0.08 or higher. You will be given a 30-day temporary license, which allows you to drive and get your affairs in order before your court date. The court may also suspend your license following a trial or plea agreement. The length of suspension depends on the number of past DUI offenses.
- For a first offense, the suspension period lasts 6 months and the court may allow you to reapply for a restricted license at its discretion.
- A second offense requires a suspension period of 2 years. You may apply for a restricted license after 90 days.
- A third offense comes with a suspension period of 3 years with a chance to apply for a restricted license after 18 months.
- Fourth and subsequent offenses have a suspension period of 4 years with a chance to apply for a restricted license after 18 months.
A restricted license only allows you to drive to work or to the location of your DUI program. Some courts may make exceptions if you must drive a vehicle owned by your employer.
In California, if you are arrested for a DUI, you are also required to install an ignition interlock system in all vehicles you own and operate. The length of time your are required to keep this interlock device installed depends on the number of past offenses and the type of DUI you are charged with. In California, DUIs can be charged as misdemeanors or felonies. Most DUI arrests are misdemeanors, but DUIs that involve accidents, injuries, death, or repeat DUIs can be charged as felonies, which come with much harsher penalties and longer interlock periods.
- For first offenses as a misdemeanor, your interlock period can last up to 5 months. Felonies can last up to a year.
- For second misdemeanor offenses, your interlock period can last a whole year, while felonies last 24 months.
- Third DUI misdemeanors come with an interlock period of 24 months, while felonies come with an interlock period of 36 months.
- Fourth and subsequent DUI misdemeanors come with an interlock period of 36 months, while felonies have an interlock period of 48 months.
Low Cost Interlock is dedicated to providing efficient service for ignition interlock devices in California at an affordable price. If you have questions about car breathalyzer installation Fresno, please call us today!