If you have recently made the mistake of driving under the influence, you may be required to purchase, install, and maintain an interlock device in your car in order to operate the vehicle. These car breathalyzers have been shown to be quite effective deterrents to drunken driving and are now required in 32 states for even first-time offenders. So, if you’ve been court-ordered to get an interlock device installed and are left wondering how to choose an ignition interlock provider, we’ve got you covered.
Factors you will want to consider when weighing your options include:
- Company’s history
- Accuracy of the device
- Ease of use
- Customer support
Read on to learn more.
Selecting an Ignition Interlock Provider
If your court has mandated that you install a car breathalyzer in your vehicle, they will typically give you a list of approved and licensed providers that you can select from. There are dozens of companies out there that provide interlock services, but you can only select one device to be installed and serviced by your chosen provider.
Research the Company’s History
Before you settle with a specific provider, you should do your due diligence and perform a quick check on their history, especially regarding suspensions. Interlock vendors have to maintain stringent quality standards and have to comply with each state’s specific regulations. If a vendor does not comply with a state’s regulations they can either receive:
- A warning that they are not in compliance
- Suspension from the state until they are back in compliance
- Decertification if they are discovered to be willfully negligent
Low Cost Interlock, for example, has maintained strict compliance with state laws and regulations. We are proud of the fact that we have no history of suspensions and make sure that all of our actions are by the books.
Weighing the Device
There are several factors you should consider when selecting the right device for your vehicle. These include:
- Accuracy – It is critical that your device is perfectly calibrated and produces the correct readings. Few things can be as frustrating as receiving a failed test when you know you have not had anything to drink. The Low Cost Interlock LCI-777 utilizes the most up-to-date technology to ensure accuracy. This tech is continuously updated and recalibrated in order to provide our customers with perfect accuracy and minimal hassle.
- Ease of use – Many providers give devices that require their user to perform some combination of blowing, humming, and sucking to get a reading. Such theatrics are frustrating and make it too easy to mistakenly fail to provide a sufficient breath sample. With Low Cost Interlock, we have revolutionized and simplified this process so that all you need to do is simply blow out for three seconds. No sucking, no humming, no alternating, just blow.
- Customer Support – Since you will be using this device multiple times a day, you want a provider that is available for you whenever, wherever. Many vendors have limited provider locations or small support staff. Low Cost Interlock offers hundreds of locations across the country where you can have your device installed, serviced, and recalibrated. New customers receive both in-person and video training regarding their device. On top of that, we boast 24/7 bilingual customer support and onboarding, so if you ever have an issue or a question, you can get it handled posthaste.
- Hygiene – Unfortunately, it is common for providers to allow their devices to immediately get passed from one owner onto the next without ever receiving a thorough cleaning. Low Cost Interlock is adamantly opposed to such unhygienic methods and mandates that each device returns to headquarters for an intense cleaning. There, the device will be meticulously scoured and tested until we are satisfied that it is as good as new. Further, thanks to our device’s blow only method, if someone else needs to use your car, you will never have to inhale what they exhaled.
- Discretion – Many interlock devices are quite conspicuous and draw attention to the product and the fact that the driver has a car breathalyzer. At Low Cost Interlock, we want to save you from embarrassment. For those members who wish for complete discretion, we offer the Can; a breathalyzer in the form of a soda can. This device is the pinnacle of stealth interlocks and makes it look as if you are only drinking from a can, rather than blowing into the device.
- Pricing – Many interlock companies will charge for a variety of hidden fees in addition to the initial cost of the device, shipping, installation, and upkeep. Low Cost Interlock has no hidden fees and highlights from the outset what a customer will be required to pay. We are proud to offer free shipping, free setup, and free installation.
Get Your Interlock Device Today!
There are a variety of Ignition interlock providers at your disposal. Low Cost Interlock stands above the competition by providing our customers with unparalleled customer support and savings, as well as a device that is powerful, accurate, and easy to use. If you have any further questions about our service or wish to get a device installed immediately, contact one of our helpful support staff and they will be sure to help you get the process started!